By Anthony O’Brien, Jan 2021
Quality communication needs to be at the top of your business wish list for 2021.
January is always a good time to review what your business does well – and where it could improve. And chances are, your corporate communications strategy could benefit from a revamp.
According to a 2020 survey by small business lender (and Corpwrite client) OnDeck, 73% of business owners say “being a good communicator” is the leading attribute for business success; 14% say communication is the “most important” quality.
Yet many businesses fail to communicate effectively or give scant attention to a communications strategy.
In today’s disrupted environment, communication is especially important. Consider these findings:
- 59% of businesses across the Asia Pacific use their communications campaigns to enhance brand influence. The remaining 41% focus on sales conversion and growth
- 70% of businesses say news websites are the preferred communications channel
- 85% of businesses prefer press releases rather than social media or announcements on corporate websites to share significant business developments or promote a new product/service.